Thursday, September 22, 2011

Perhaps...just perhaps...I might have over-reacted...

Myrtle put cream in my dinner.  Four times.  I suppose she really does love me.

I showed my appreciation by wiping the bowl clean...in just two minutes.  I couldn't really tell you what cream tastes like.  I was too busy inhaling it.  SIGH.

Today, I was thinking that I have not written enough about how great babies are.  My life with Myrtle would certainly be less rich without them.  I thought I might try to explain.

First, a fellow needs lots of babies.  I don't have nearly enough yet.  So far, I got me a turtle, a hippo, a bumble bee, a lady bug, and my ever beloved flower.  Sadly, all of them save for the hippo have broken squeakers. Myrtle has tried to explain to me that they are broken, that, in fact, no matter how often or how long I squeeze them they will no longer generate that mellifluous sound, but I still try anyway.

[Have you ever noticed how many adults will squeak the toys in the pet store?  I tell you, it's an amazing sound.  A happy sound. I miss the squeakers. SIGH.]

Anyway, babies are just great.  They snuggle with you and play with you and go places with you.  Lately, Lady Bug has been going outside with me.  Actually, she goes everywhere with me.  Such a faithful friend, eh?  She is big enough that I can nap on her and on Bumble Bee.  And her antennae are very convenient chewing "toys," as are Bumble Bee's ears. They both also are always ready with a grin.  Kind of cheers a fellow up...say, well, when his momma been lecturing him on how he's backslide with his recent liquid indiscretions indoors.

Babies are also useful for comforting Myrtle...or just hearing another of her great big guffaws.  When I carry one around me with, she laughs. When I tuck one beneath my neck for a nap, she smiles and showers me with kisses...while I am trying to sleep (I have to forgive her for waking me up).  And when I place one in her lap or even try to stick it in her mouth when she is weeping, she will sometimes stop crying and practically squeeze the life out of me.

Babies are just great.  A fellow cannot have enough of them...for himself or his momma.  I'm looking forward to the new babies that will join our home in the years to come.  [Hint, hint, hint...Myrtle.]

This is my life with Myrtle.  Amos Adams signing off!

3 comments:

  1. And you, Amos, are Myrtle's baby, of whom she is extremely fond. Enjoyed the post. Good to see your thoughts again. I had wondered where you had been, but I suppose you've been busy with your "liquid indiscretions."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mr. Dolph. I was in mourning there for a bit, though your encouragement helped. But...also...I have been sort of slinking about the place since apparently those liquid indiscretions are worse ones than deposits made inside. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever learn all the things there is for me to know to be a proper sort of puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get there, Amos. I did. You're still quite young so you've got plenty of time.

    ReplyDelete