Saturday, September 3, 2011

The best of all mornings...

Myrtle and I do not agree about mornings.  She would define morning as starting around noon.  I define morning as beginning between 9:00 and 10:00 AM.  We are at odds over this.

Lately, she's been a tad sneaky about changing my mind.  You see, when I wake up and start tap dancing on the antique trunk at the end of our bed to get her attention, she will pick me up, tuck me beneath the covers, and curl her body around mine.  Prime snuggling ensues.  Yes, I cave, and I usually end up letting her sleep an hour or so longer.

But then there are my most favorite of all mornings: the mornings when the alarm clock sounds!

Such joy I feel at those first notes.  Such joy that I find myself wagging my tail something fierce and do not stop until I am outside.  You see, I know that we are most definitely, most assuredly getting out of bed.  And that means another day with Myrtle.  And while Myrtle might moan and groan about the alarm sounding, so great is my joy she ends up laughing with me.

At the first beep, I leap up and launch myself at Myrtle, grabbing her hands to remind her to start rubbing my belly.  She starts chuckling deep in her throat.  I wiggle in delight as she does and wag my tail as fast as possible.  Mostly, because Myrle LOVES it when I wag my tail (though the sight of my stump bothers her).  She will start chortling out loud and bend over me as she rubs my belly and behind my ears, which gives me the perfect opportunity to slather her with morning kisses.  This makes her erupt with great big guffaws and lean back to dry her face on the nearest pillow.  Of course, I then roll over and launch myself at her again. On and on it goes, a good ten or fifteen minutes of joyous I-get-another-day-with-Myrtle play.

Of course, such play exhausts me, so after we take our trip outside and she feeds me breakfast and then we go outside for my more serious business, I plop down for my morning nap.  Sometimes we sleep together. Sometimes I sleep with one of my babies.  You can see above a nap with Bumblebee on the GREEN chair.

Yep, mornings are just wonderful.  Especially the ones that start with an alarm clock, like today.  Copious amount of belly rubs, tail wagging, wrestling about the bed, kisses, and Myrtle's rich laughter.  Life doesn't get any better than that, eh? 


This is my life with Myrtle.  Amos Adams signing off!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so someone's misbehaving and relaxing his toileting regimen I understand. Amos! How could you? At least leave it under the bed or in her new pair of boots so she won't discover it for awhile. That's the smart course of action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it's been four times in a single day for me. Myrtle is no longer even looking at me. No talking, no playing, no snuggling, no looking. I think it is her fault for not teaching me properly this thing that upsets her so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe she doesn't have a handle on it herself!

    ReplyDelete