Monday, February 20, 2012

This means war...


Myrtle forgot our first anniversary!  How could she do that??  After all, she's hated Valentine's Day for years and now she has a reason to love it, to celebrate it.  After all, her bestest love in the world joined her life that day.  Alas, Myrtle forgot our first anniversary.

I suppose I can forgive her.  I mean, given how much she forgets things now, if I do not forgive her for forgetting, we will never be reconciled.  Mostly, what I need to be forgiving her for is laughing at me.  Boy, does my puppy momma laugh at me ever so much!

Anyway, the past couple of weeks she has not been well.  So, Myrtle has not been seeing to her particular duties in the out of doors.  For all her being hot and bothered about my being ever attentive, she is not always so.  Do you not think that puppy mommas should be consistent role models rather than merely consistent nags?

Anyway, Myrtle was out in the back yard picking up my deposits and she started laughing.  I suppose that I should just get used to her laughter...but I should admit that I also laughed.  Wickedly so!

You see, Myrtle finally noticed that I declared war against Fearsome Beast.  That wretch has been leaving his deposits all over my back yard.  Mine!  So, I have been letting him know exactly what I think of that.  I smother each piddly pile that he leaves with a great big one of my own.  That deluded interloper might think that he hold dominion over Outdoors, but he is wrong.  He is only there on my suffrage.  Fearsome Beast might think that he is able to out-run me and escape through the fence, but the real truth is that I let him escape.  Bloody rabbit spread about the yard would mightily distress Myrtle.  My beloved puppy momma certainly needs absolutely no more distress in her life.  Thus, in order for Fearsome Beast to fully understand his place in this world, I leave little reminders for him each morning and each evening.  Actually, they are reminders that the war is already over.

Now that Myrtle knows what I am doing when I sniff about the yard, searching for the right spot to make my deposits, do you think that she will be a bit more patient with me?

This is my life with Myrtle.  Amos Adams signing off!

1 comment:

  1. That'll show that Beast who's Boss! Now, if you could only convince Myrtle. . .

    ReplyDelete