Thursday, February 2, 2012

I've been deceived...


My beloved Aunt Leslie came by to see me yesterday and dropped a bombshell in my lap...or my mouth, that is.  Did you know that it is possible to get a treat even if you did not do a poo-poo outside?  In fact, I learned that is possible to get treats for just being adorable!  Myrtle has been deceiving me! Deliberately!!

All my life--at least my life with Myrtle--the ONLY time I have ever been given a treat by her was after I did my major business out of doors in the evenings.  Myrtle says morning poops don't count since I have been storing up things all night and am naturally inclined to take care of such matters as soon as I step paw on grass in the morning.  Myrtle says that treats are for when I demonstrate my ability to do this action in the evening, when the long hours of sleeping in bed are not pressing upon the needs of my body.  Myrtle says that treats are for when I choose to do the right thing regarding my major business.

Myrtle is a liar!

Aunt Leslie sat down on the couch and let me shower her with kisses and snuggles.  When I sniffed out a container of treats in her purse, she promptly opened it up and gave me one.  Then two.  Three.  Actually, but the time her visit was over, the entire container was empty...all of its contents rather happily residing in my tummy.  And I didn't have to perform a single poop for her.  Nor did I have to sit first before I was given a bone.  Not once.

Alas, my heart is heavy. For now, I am wondering just what else Myrtle has lied to me about.  For example, I am betting that not every puppy is required to "lay down and stay" for the count of three after every fourth throw of the ball in order to keep playing fetch.  SIGH.

This is my life with Myrtle.  Amos Adams signing off!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't done a poo-poo outside in years, and I still get an occasional treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myrtle says you are gross, Uncle Fred! Uhm, though, I would add my aim is not to merely have *occasional* treats. I want them many times a day!

    ReplyDelete