Friday, February 10, 2012

A little slow on the uptake...


Sometimes, Myrtle needs to get a clue.  Sometimes, my beloved puppy momma is a tad oblivious.  This day, I had remind her many a time that her chief and primary duty is to love on me!

Myrtle got a bee in her bonnet and spent ages and ages and ages in the basement.  She was doing more of that work whereby she removes stuff, carries stuff out to the special trash bin, moves around stuff, and generally makes things look totally and utterly different.  Honestly, I don't see why she wastes her time.

Here I am, a lonely little fellow, woefully neglected. On and on and on she worked.  She pulled books off the shelf.  She moved other books around.  Baskets of office supplies went from one set of shelves to another. The smaller shelf was cleaned and filled with empty baskets.  Frankly, just watching her was exhausting.  More so was that the entire time Myrtle refused to hold me.  I tried and tried and tried to land in her arms, but they were always full of things.  At one point, I launched myself up on her shoulders, but I miscalculated and merely landed on the floor on the other side of her.  Yes, you guessed it: Myrtle laughed. No matter how hard I tried to communicate with her that I was in dire need of snuggling, she just didn't seem to understand.

I confessed that I tried twice to garner her attention by less-than-appropriate behavior involving bodily fluids.  How in the world could I have thought that would be a good idea?  My puppy momma...well...she has a temper when it comes to blatant disobedience.  There was no real way that I could pretend my watering the tub upstairs while she was fetching something as an accident. I was not quite napping on the rug in the photo above.  I was in exile.  Myrtle did not want such a BAD DOG near her.  Over time, I managed to scoot my way unobtrusively, inch by painful inch, over the course of an hour until I was at least allowed to lie near her.

So, this evening, I resorted to simple repetition.  You see, Myrtle was sitting on the couch when I wanted her to lay in the GREEN chair.  That way I could get in some serious snuggling with her to make up for all the time that was stolen from me this day.  Because Myrtle is so slow on the uptake, I had to systematically drag the pillows off the couch and hold them in my mouth as I jumped up on the GREEN chair.  Myrtle just chuckled.  Then I moved the blanket.  Still, she had not a clue that I was wanting her to move.  Finally, I jumped up on her lap and then jumped down before jumping up on the chair.  I lay down for a second, whimpered, then jumped down to leap back up on her lap to swipe a few kisses.  My goodness, I must have rotated between the couch and chair a thousand times before Myrtle understood what I wanted.

I am plumb exhausted. However, we are lying together in the GREEN chair, my body curled around her shoulders, her head resting on my belly, my breath keeping her right ear warm.  [Myrtle is now cold much of the time, so a fellow has to help out any way he can.] If you ask me, together is how we should always be!


This is my life with Myrtle.  Amos Adams signing off!

3 comments:

  1. You poor fellow. Organizing does make her feel better, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you really need, Amos, is an in-your-face shade of orange chair. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. The anti-robot words are looking increasingly like exercises in speaking in tongues.

    ReplyDelete