Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Just rewards...


Frankly, I do not like it when my puppy dog momma leaves.  I know many of my fellow canines out there are not so fortunate as I to have their puppy parents around all the time, but I am.  Myrtle may be ill much of the time, but she's here.  With me!

Today, she got an email and leapt up from the couch and left me high and dry.  She does this, occasionally, when a warning about a gas price hike comes.  Here, in Fort Wayne, gas can swing upwards of 30 cents in mere minutes.  My point is not that I mind Myrtle going out to fill up her tank before the price hike. I mind that she does so without me.

You see, Myrtle and I have a rather strong disagreement about my place in the car.  In the house, my place is nearly always next to or draped upon my puppy momma.  However, in the car, she insists that I stay in the other front seat, a whole THREE feet from her.  When we go to the vet, Myrtle is so mean that she ties me up just to keep me out of her lap or off her shoulders.  She also grows upset with me when I vocally protest the presence of dangers nearby ... dangers such as people and vehicles.  All I am trying to do is help!

So, when Myrtle went into the kitchen to do some of her freezer meals cooking, I thought I would stay on the couch just to teach her a lesson. I thought that I would show her how it feels to be left behind.

Only.
Only my stomach betrayed me.

You see, Myrtle's hands are growing weaker, which means she is more clumsy.  Clumsy in the kitchen means the possibility of more food falling on the floor.  Food that is most certainly meant for me!

I tried to stick to my principles.  I tried to stand up for equal rights.  However, I failed.  The tantalizing aroma wafting from the kitchen felled my resolve and off I went to curl up at Myrtle's feet.   Things worked out well for me, though.  Myrtle didn't spill any of the Black Bean Soup with Roasted Bell Peppers that she was cooking, but she did knock over her container of Honey Nut Cheerios!  Instead of just having one or two that fall when she walks to the living room with her mug of cereal, I had the equivalent of an entire bowl myself!


This is my life with Myrtle.  Amos Adams signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment