Monday, June 8, 2015

A new game...


My puppy momma has come up with a new "game."  Sometimes I wonder if her games are really games.

This one is called:  "What about your baby?"  Myrtle knows that I desire to be by her side when she is moving from place to place in the house.  Being the puppy son of a Southern Woman, I was raised with good manners.  Now, whenever she leaves the living room, she waits to for me to follow her almost to her location before asking, "What about your baby?"  Such a question strikes terror into my canine heart.  After all, a good puppy dog always tends to his babies.  So, I will go racing back to the living room and look them all over before bringing one ... or three ... to wherever Myrtle was going.




I suspect that the game is more trickster activity than play.  After all, I'm the one doing all the racing about and the work.  Myrtle?  She just stand there and watches me ... and then chuckles over my huffing and puffing canine self.  Shouldn't a "game" involve participation on both players' part?




I tell you, all this game playing leaves me in need of extra naps.  Good thing that my babies don't mind if I tend to them whilst I am sleeping.


This is my life with Myrtle.  Amos Adams signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment